The Digital Filmmaking Project at St. Benedict's Prep, Newark, NJ

Presented here are the thoughts, and the films produced by the students in the Digital Filmmaking Project at St. Benedict's Preparatory School in Newark, New Jersey.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Fritz: Monday May 17

On Monday May 17 I took the next step in my documentary film. For the assignment I had to choose a central figure or a student in backpacking to document. So I went to the upper field and caught up with Jose Santamaria, a Commander in Mr. Gallo’s company. I asked him who is the best student to film in his company and he directed me to Miguel Alves. I went up to Miguel and told him the situation at hand. Miguel immediately accepted and I pre-interviewed him and told him I will be back in the afternoon to conduct the interview. Next I ran to Jose and also told that I would be interviewing about Miguel and he also accepted. Just like with Miguel, I pre-interviewed Jose and told I’ll be back to do the real interview. When the afternoon rolled around, I went to the lower field and interviewed Miguel and then Jose with the help of Brandon Rodriguez as my cameraman. The interviews went well. As I was leaving I met with Mr. Gallo and asked him if I could interview him about Miguel and he accepted. I told some of the questions that I would be asking. We agreed that the interview should take place on Wednesday. I rushed back to class to upload the interviews and hoped that the video specifically, the sound, came out great. Guess what? The whole interviews looked good and the sound was exceptionally crisp. After that I stayed to edit the Benedict’s Dinner video.

No comments:

Post a Comment