The Digital Filmmaking Project at St. Benedict's Prep, Newark, NJ

Presented here are the thoughts, and the films produced by the students in the Digital Filmmaking Project at St. Benedict's Preparatory School in Newark, New Jersey.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Fritz: Monday May 10

Digital Filmmaking is a challenging but rewarding class. After one week as a filmmaker, I have come in contact with many terminologies about the art of filming, whether it’s Wide Shots, Medium Close Ups, Close Ups, or Cutaways. I was able to shoot and take part in the shooting of our footage for our film “I Have A Dream.” After that, I helped out in the editing process of our short movie. I was instructed about some intricacies on how to improve the lighting of a shot or picture by using an object that can either add or block light. I now know that it’s very difficult to act and even harder to write a script for a movie. It intrigued me that it is not always the best written scripts that are chosen to be performed, it's usually the ones that are most do-able that are chosen.

No comments:

Post a Comment