The Digital Filmmaking Project at St. Benedict's Prep, Newark, NJ

Presented here are the thoughts, and the films produced by the students in the Digital Filmmaking Project at St. Benedict's Preparatory School in Newark, New Jersey.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Devon: Little Hoboken

This was most the most fun so far in this filming class, I helped to write the ending part of the script for our king pin movie in Hoboken. The story line was creative and I was an actor for the first time. It turns out I'm not a bad actor, the movie came out really "almost legit like". The techniques used for the movie were a series of camera angles that I learned a few days prior to the filming, we had the help of Dr. Lansang, who helped keep everyone focused. Near the water the wind made the air cold, so much that it was almost a struggle to get a line out at some points, but it gave me some insight into what really good actors have to adapt to when acting parts in various locations.
I am proud to say that I did all the editing for this movie. I came in and stayed for 2 hours after we got back from filming and took the laptop at home to get some more done. Since this is part of what I want to major in when in college I was really excited to get a head start, getting my feet wet so I won't drown when I get there. I started messing around with the different clips, putting each part where it belongs and it's addicting (to me) because I don't really notice the time when editing. The slow motion and the fast forward effects are what i find the most useful when dealing with these movies so far. The lightning effect is awesome, I just want a situation in which I can actually use it.
In this video the basic story line is, some shady organized crime people make a drop off to someone. Later, the man with the money runs into someone in a rush for a business presentation. Now if you haven't guessed it already there was a mix up between the two people's bags, and the story takes off from there. I'm going to post the video somewhere else, probably youtube.com if you are interested in checking out the uncut version.

No comments:

Post a Comment