The Digital Filmmaking Project at St. Benedict's Prep, Newark, NJ

Presented here are the thoughts, and the films produced by the students in the Digital Filmmaking Project at St. Benedict's Preparatory School in Newark, New Jersey.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Antonio: Film Making Experiences

My experience in digital film making was one to remember, it was a great experience because I was able to see every side of the film making process. I was able to be the director, the light or sound guy, or an actor. I prefer to be the director because I like to give my ideas out for the actors to perform. I like when I can watch what I directed and and get credited for my work. Each of our movies were filmed in a different location throughout NJ and NYC.
For our first movie we used the famous speech done by Martin Luther King Jr, I Have A Dream.
For this movie we went to NJPAC and had some fun, but when it came to the filming it was serious business. Christian S directed us, and the outcome for the movie was pretty good. We used different transitions to get a good effect and dubbed some parts of the film for better sound Everyone did their part, and the movie seemed inspiring.
The next movie we did was in Hoboken. It was based on two kids who steal a bag from someone, thinking they did something wrong they try to avoid the police from catching them when actually they did something good. The movie was one of our most successful ones. We used different angles for the chase scenes to get a good effect. I was one of the actors, the movie was a great success.
The next week we went to NYC and we tried to make a music video. It was kinda hard at first to find a good ground work, but we eventually found something out. We tilted the camera to get some cool footage and also filmed on the train. We made that experience fun and also was a great as far as getting the work done. Everyone did their parts and it was a good day.
To finish, I am working on my Bridges and Transistors project. I plan for that to be a great success as well, I used the skills I learned for interviews and incorporated it into my video as well. This class has been a great experience and I learned a lot.

1 comment:

  1. I'm very happy with your results from Hoboken, and I'm glad to hear that you learned a lot. I hope it was a fun class for you. It was nice to have you as one of the team.

    ReplyDelete