The Digital Filmmaking Project at St. Benedict's Prep, Newark, NJ

Presented here are the thoughts, and the films produced by the students in the Digital Filmmaking Project at St. Benedict's Preparatory School in Newark, New Jersey.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Rob: Filmmaking First Shoot : I have a dream

The first shoot of my filmmaking experience was very interesting. We started off going to different locations such as various areas on St. Benedict's Prep property and also military park in Newark. The filming of our "I have a dream" speech by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was inspirational and it was a success. One of the things I remember from that day was when we were in military park and people were walking by while we were filming the speech, I seen people actually smiling when they heard the words of Dr. King's speech coming from the mouths of teenagers who go to a school in a urban environment. It made me feel good about myself and I knew that I was doing something positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment